So today is just a quicky and we all quite like a quicky every now and then right? ;-p
The 30 Day Blog Challenge – Day 13 (YES I know I’m behind!) is all about my website. Natalie asks:
What three things would you most like your website to have and how will you go about getting them?
Well, my website will be VERY IMPORTANT as it will need to prove to my potential customers that I can create a kick ass ‘this blows my mind’ kind of website AND brand. So it will need to be clever, pretty and effective.
It will need to do all the clever things it should do. It will retain the viewers attention for longer than 2-3 seconds so that they take in the important information and encourage them to take action:
- It will draw people’s eyes to the really effective logo that gives them an idea of how I will approach my work (holistically).
- Close by will be my really effective tagline that captures their attention and peaks their interest.
- That will be followed with my USP which I will have refined to a clever sentence or two that paints a clear picture of what I do. This will really draw people further into my site.
- Lots of clear white space so the viewer isn’t overwhelmed. Negative space is important in design.
- I’ll have a clear call to action for people to contact me for a free consultation, I’ll have a contact form and links to my social media pages will feature on all my pages.
- The Home page and Menu will lead viewers to my portfolio and ‘The Team’ page where I will introduce the people I collaborate with.
- There will be a couple of great testimonials on the Home page (and more throughout the site).
- There will be a photo of me somewhere on the Home page and About page so people can connect with the fact there is a real person behind this business who is always reaching out and wanting to connect.
I’m selling branding, graphic design and web design services so I have to look real pretty! The website will be full of beautiful imagery and colour (I love colour!). It will have lovely sliders featuring my work and probably an animation thrown in for good measure!
It won’t be cluttered however, “Less is More” and it will flow logically and be a delight to navigate.
My website will need to rank highly in Google searches (otherwise I’m not doing my job properly) so SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) will be key and there will be a lot of work to do on that side of it.
I’ll also continue to blog and be active online so that I rank even higher.
It’s going to take a while to put this baby together and my first site won’t be my last. It’s starting to take shape in my imagination… but you’ll have to wait a bit longer till I launch.
What are your top 3 favourite Websites and Why? I’d love to know! (Just type over my URL)
Also, if you already have a brand and a website I’d love it if you would take 10 minutes to participate in my Market Research Survey!